Saturday, July 2, 2011

Justifiable Means

by: Terri Blackstock

This is the 2nd book in the Sun Coast Chronicles. The first book was
Evidence of Mercy. Larry Millsaps is in the first book investigation a plane crash. (You can see my post on that book in the archives, under May). I have already read 3 other series by Terri Blackstock, her books are always worth reading.

This book follows Detective Larry Millsaps through an investigation of Melissa Nelson, who was attacked. When they interview her she knows the person who attacked her, Edward Soames and has evidence to convict him. As they investigate Soames, he has a rap sheet that doesn't help his plea of innocence. But as they keep digging they also find that Melissa has a past of her own. Who is telling the truth?

I kept going back and forth with the evidence; thinking I knew what was right, then second guessing. As you read on the mystery gets really good and I was up late finishing the book to find out what happens. Terri Blackstock has enough mystery to keep you guessing and you get hooked on the characters. She even brings back the characters from book one. Which I like, you can follow them through the series. I think this book was better than book one and I can't wait to read book three!

No comments:

Post a Comment