Monday, July 25, 2011

Through the Fire

By: Shawn Grady

My 2nd e-book! I do have to say that I'm not sure I'm sold on e-books. There are pros and cons. The convenience of not having to carry a big book around with you is a plus. But I do love watching how far I am getting in a book. With an e-book you see the percentage of the book you have read but I love seeing the pages turn! I also am not one to pay for books, which is why I go to the library but this is one of 12 I found free through my Kobo app. So I will read whatever I can get free. The other nice things about e-books is you can get a book in minutes!

Through the Fire is about a fireman, Aiden. He used to hear the fire, like his father once did. But a killed Aiden's dad and he doesn't believe it was an accident. Now a string of fires are happening that seem to be on purpose and Aiden is caught in the middle. He doesn't know who he can trust.

The book starts out with a fire that goes wrong, so you are hooked from the first couple of chapters. But then I felt like the intensity was so high in the beginning that the middle seemed to progress slowly. I wanted to find out what happened so I kept with the book. It does pick up again and your are caught up again guessing who is starting the fires.

I do think the book it is worth reading. I liked the story line, I just wish it had kept up with the intensity of the drama from the beginning. Especially after the last book I read, In Plain Sight, which had to guessing chapter to chapter. I will definitely look for more books by this author and do recommend reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment