Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Marriage Wish

by: Dee Henderson

I have already read Dee Henderson's O'Malley series, which overall I really liked. I had heard of this book and since I already knew the author I thought I'd give it a try. I have to say that after reading my last book, Riven, which is more my style of writing I just wanted to get through this book. I have 5 other books checked out from the library that I want to get through before they need to go back so I don't know that I enjoyed this book as much as I think I could have.

The Marriage wish is about Scott, who makes a wish on his 38th birthday. He wants to get married and have a family. Only a few days later he meets Jennifer. He is immediately drawn to her but Jennifer is healing from the loss of her husband and has another secret that takes time her to tell him about. She doesn't want Scott to give up her dream but is Scott's love for her able to help Jennifer heal.

Half way through this book I was crying for Jennifer, her story is sad but you so desperately want her to heal from her past. This book is an easy read and easy to get involved with the characters to see what happens with Scott and Jennifer. Just when you think you know the end there is a twist that makes you keep reading til the very end.

I liked this book and would recommend for those that like a good story to unfold as you read. Another one of those Hallmark movie type of books!

No comments:

Post a Comment