Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

This is the 2nd book in the Hunger Games Trilogy. I read the first book, The Hunger Games, a few months ago and had a hard time with the thought of kids being killed. I did like the writing and got attached to the characters so I wanted to read the rest of the series to see how I like the rest of it.

Warning: Below contains spoilers from the first book...if you don't want to know what happens in book 1, you may not want to read!

I am glad so glad that I continued to read this series. The 2nd book is better than the first! It continues on after Catniss, the main character, wins the hunger games in the first book.

The hunger games have been going on for 75 years. Each year they pick 2 children, one boy and one girl from the 12 districts to pin them against each other in a man made arena to kill each other off. The games were created to discourage those districts to never rise up again against the Capital. Now they are "celebrating" 75 years of the Hunger Games, call; Quarter Quell. These games have a new twist and the games continue! There is unease in the districts and now Catniss is at the center of it all.

I am actually so bummed that I have to wait for the 3rd book. It ends leaving you on the edge! I am getting into this story! If you can read the first book and then digest it afterwards it is easier to get into it. It's hard to say that I would recommend anyone to read the first book but I would now in order to read the entire story! Just make sure you give the series a chance! I'm glad I didn't quit at book one. We'll see what happens with the 3rd and last one, Mocking Jay!

No comments:

Post a Comment