Saturday, August 25, 2012

Family by Karen Kingsbury

Family is the 4th book in the Firstborn series. I have been reading the last three books straight through, that is why the only reviews I have been doing are on this series. They are just too good to put down. I am bummed I cannot borrow the next book on the Kindle like I had hoped and I cannot find it at the library! AGH! I'm going to go through Baxter withdrawls!

In Family, it continues just months after book three, Found ends. In the first book, Fame of this series Katy and Dayne found themselves being attacked by a crazy fan! Now in book four they are brought back together once again in court with their attacker. Dayne and Katy's feelings are always growing stronger but when they try to spend time together they are chased by paparazzi. In the end they have to decide if going any further in a relationship is worth it.

In the mean time Dayne is continuing to struggle with his faith, the faith of the roots as well as his birth family and what he should do. His fame status is so public he wants to protect those he cares about, even if it's at the loss of his happiness.

The Baxter family learns about a family secret that is thirty years old. How will they take the news?

This book was really good. It had so much going on and I wanted to keep reading. The only hard part with me was Katy's back and forth. She would change her mind so many times. It's easy to say what you would do if you were in the same situation but you can understand what she is going through.

I am so exited to read book five, if I can find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment