Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Forgiven by Karen Kingsbury

This is the second book in the Firstborn series by Karen Kingsbury. If you have not read the Redemption series first you must start there. Karen Kingsbury has 3 or 4 series that you read in a row to follow through the history of each family that she introduces as you progress. Firstborn is the second series that follow the Redemption series.

I absolutely loved the Redemption series and when I read the first book of the Firstborn series I wasn't as thrilled. It reminded me a lot of the first book in the Redemption series. It took me about a month or more to finally pick up book two, Forgiven and I LOVED it! The first quarter of the book took time to set up the story line but once it got going I couldn't put the book down. When I was done I immediately started reading book three!

***SPOILER ALERT!

In Forgiven, Dayne Matthews is starting the filming for his new movie that he was casting for in the first book Fame. He is going back to Bloomington where a past is waiting for him but is just out of his reach.

Dayne is at a crossroads in his life. He is living with his leading lady but is not happy, he is searching for something to believe in and doesn't know what to do with his feelings. Following his heart Dayne finds more than what he expected.

This book also continues to follow the Baxter family, who you fall in love with in The Redemption series.

I highly recommend you read these series! I can't wait to see how things unfold in the lives of all those involved in these stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment