Thursday, March 3, 2011

the most important little boy in the world


By: Dean Briggs

I was given this book by a friend after asking her what she had been reading on a FB post one day. A few days later I had the book in hand to read myself. I had never read Dean Briggs books before and or heard of this particular book either. I started this book with only the information provided on the back cover.

Their are two parts to the book. First, there is a virus that is spreading across the world, called Sleeper. When it first hits the computer world everyone brushes it off as a joke until the real truth is shown and it's an actual airborne virus that is spreading around the world and people start dying. The other side of the book is about a little boy, Joshua, who has a unique gift. And the two worlds intertwine. And that is why it is called; the most important boy in the world.

As I read this book it was very hard to keep up with some of the scientific jargon because I don't know much about that kind of stuff. I did stick with the book to find out what happens. Having not read any Dean Briggs books I'm not sure if I would try another one. I like being able to follow a book without having to think too hard and at times that is what I felt like.

The overall storyline is great and if you can get past some of the wording. I do have to say that by the end of the book I was crying and wondering what would I do? I would still recommend this book because the ending is just so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment