Friday, April 22, 2011

Intervention

by: Terri Blackstock

Terri Blackstock is one of my favorite authors. Each time I read her books I remember why. I have already read 2 other series written by her; 911 NewPointe and Cape Refuge. This is book one of a 2 book series called the Intervention series.

Barbara Covington's daughter, Emily is in danger. Her life is spiraling out of control. Barbara decides as the last straw to stage an intervention with an interventionist. They talk Emily into going into rehab, yet on the way to the interventionist is found dead and Emily is missing. Now Barbara is a mother who will do anything to find her daughter. Detective Kent Harlan is investigating the case. As he follows the evidence, he has to decide whether Emily is a murderer or a victim as well.

This book is just enough of an emotional connection to the characters to feel it's real without getting you too emotionally attached. There is also enough mystery to keep you reading. I really enjoyed this book. I am so bummed that the library does not have book 2, Vicious Cycle.

I recommend Terri Blackstock's books, you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment