Saturday, October 27, 2012

Murder in Plain Sight by Marta Perry

I learned of Marta Perry through a free e-book on Amazon.com that I read by her. It was so good. I though I'd try another series by her and I was not disappointed.

In Murder in Plain Sight; Jessica Langdon is just starting out in her career as a lawyer. She secured this job with the help of her father's position as a superior court judge. But things are not going so well when she is called to her boss' office. Expecting to be fired Jessica is surprised to be given a case. She is to go take care of a plea bargin and get back with out messing this one up.

Jessica sets out to find out about her new case. An amish boy, Thomas, is arrested for the murder of an english girl. Jessica was hired by a spit fire lady, Geneva, and inherited her son, Trey, as a body guard to help her aquire the facts from the case. The amish are not so eager to talk to an english attorney, so she has to lean on Trey to help.

Facts are not adding up, someone seems to be trying to run Jessica out of town. She is even fearing for her life. Maybe Thomas is innocent after all!?

This story was really good. I love how Marta Perry is able to make you guess through out her books and keep you interested throughout the book. I am looking forward to reading the 2nd book in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment