Thursday, October 4, 2012

Left Behind by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins

I read this book about 8/9 years ago! I have often thought of reading the series again since I don't remember all of the details. I am now going to a Revelations bible study and thought now would be a good time to pick it up again.

Rayford Steele is a flying his plane when Hattie Durham, the stewardess tells him that they have missing people from their flight. Everyone is panicking.

Buck Williams, a journalist, is on this flight as well and is determined to get to find the truth to the disappearances.

When Rayford gets home he knows what he is going to find. He knows his wife believed in the rapture and that she is now in heaven with their son. When he looks in their beds he finds their clothes left behind even his wife's wedding ring.

Rayford turns to his wife's church, well his church as well. He knew the truth and yet he missed it. Now desperate he wants his daughter Chloe, who was left behind with him to turn to God too.

Having read this book before I knew much of the storyline but had forgotten some of the details. It was interesting that I am in the Revelations bible study and then with this story line to compare to was kind of fun. I know that it's not to the -t- accurate but I know that the authors did go off of bible accounts to create the story.

I am not sure I was sucked into the storyline as I would have my first time around but it's still a very good read. 


2 comments:

  1. This was interesting. I have read all 12 books in the series. They help you get a kind of visual picture of Revelation, but in some of the later books I thought some of the violence was too graphic for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found out that there are 3 books that are before the Left Behind series starts, so I am reading the first one right now; it's called The Rising...

    ReplyDelete