Sunday, December 30, 2012

Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke

This is my first real Christmas read for the season. Too bad it's after Christmas if over but I'm not going to worry about that. I'm still on Christmas break so I am going to enjoy it! Next year I am going to pick the books I want and read them for Christmas. This year I tried to read short stories on my Kindle to read more and because I wasn't really interested in them it took longer to read them rather than reading what I want...next year!

I have wanted to try out a story by Joanne Fluke. They always looked cute and I love a good mystery. Someone told me that they are easy reads so it was the one that I requested from the library. Gingerbread Cookie Murder is actually a very cute short story. The copy I got is a 3 in 1 book. There are two other Christmas short stories by two other authors included.

Hannah's neighbor, Ernie, has his Christmas music turned up so loud all the neighbors are beginning to complain. When the cops finally show up and they go to confront him they find him dead! Fingerprints are found at the scene but Hannah isn't convinced they have the right person. She goes on the hunt to find more clues.

Being a short story the story is actually pretty good. The character Hannah owns a bakery and talks about the foods that she is baking and the author adds the actual recipe and baking directions in the book as you read! Very Christmas feeling. Just need a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and cold night and a warm blanket to cozy up and read this story! The only downside for me was that it wasn't longer. I felt the ending was a little rushed and even a little unrealistic but I would read another short story by Joanne Fluke. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment