Friday, January 20, 2012

Mission: Motherhood by: Marta Perry

I ran across Marta Perry last year with her Three Sisters Inn series and I really enjoyed them. I thought I would try out another book by her, which are limited at the library. This one sounded interesting because, of course 1. I'm a mother and 2. I like military stories.

Caitlyn Villard becomes a mother when her sister and brother-in-law are killed in action over seas. Caitlyn is forced to go back to the town she grew up in and worked so hard to leave to help her mother take care of her twin nieces. Her plan is to help them get settled and get back to the life she worked so hard to create in New York.

When she arrives she realizes how over whelmed her mother is and decides to take a job to help make some income while she is in town. She runs into a Steve Windham, from school who is now a chaplain. And every where she goes she bumps into him.

Will Caitlyn change her mind and give up her job in New York to become a mother? Or will she go back to the life she had worked so hard to create?

I wasn't as excited about this book as I was about Three Sisters Inn series. Though that was a mystery and this one was more romance. The story was cute and a good read. It took me longer to read because I wasn't as excited about it as I thought I would be. This series is written by other authors each taking a book in the series, I would be interested to finish the series out. But the next one I pick by Marta Perry will be a mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment