Monday, January 9, 2012

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

This is the last book in the Hunger Games series. I had heard a bunch of hype about these books and how great they were I really wanted to read them. They are not a Christian series but I'm always willing to read a new book! Especially with such big reviews.

The first book took me back by surprise. I wasn't ready for the storyline and it was hard to read. (You can read my book review in 2011). After I was done though I was stuck needing to read the next two books to find out the end of the story. The second book was much better than the second. I actually started to like the story.

The third book is a little different in some ways. There is a lot less fighting and requires a lot more thinking; they discuss tactics and talk about characters (which makes you need to remember who was from which book and how they fit into the story), there is a lot more information given to you about how things became the way they were and makes you even question who's side your on.

I think when reading this series you need to be able to read book 2 and 3 back to back. I got away with waiting between 1 and 2 but waiting even just a little made it harder to remember things.

I have to say that at the end of the series I can say that I do like it. It's funny looking back at how I just could not handle the first book but now I am able to view the 1st book quite differently than when I started out. You see the big picture now. I would definitely recommend this series with caution but would still recommend to read. I am actually looking forward to watching the movie that is coming out in March 2012. Though reading some of the things that take place I'm wondering how they will show that on the big screen?

Here is the link to see the preview of the movie...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392170/

No comments:

Post a Comment