Friday, February 3, 2012

A Texan's Promise by Shelley Gray

I read this book because it was chosen by one of my book groups on Goodreads and it was a book I had downloaded free on my daughter's Kindle. It gave me a reason to read it!

Clayton has been working on the Circle Z ranch for a few years. Price had taken over the Circle Z when Mr. Proffitt had passed away. Not long after Mrs. Proffitt remarried to Price Venture. Price is a horrible man and when one night Clayton finds his daughter Vanessa beaten by Price, he fullfills his vow her her father to take care of her and he takes her from the Circle Z to live with his sister in Colorado.

Along the way they are met with feelings and Clayton has to decide how to keep Vanessa safe as well as keep his promise afraid that he has already failed her when he wasn't there to protect her from Vanessa.

This story is a good story. I really enjoyed it. From the first pages you want to find out what becomes of Vanessa and Clayton. As they are trying to run from Price, does he ever find them? Will they ever be safe?

I didn't realize there is a 2nd book to this story coming out March 1st, A Texan's Honor. Knowing that I wish there had been a little more suspense but it kind of reminds me of the Love Comes Softly series (if you've read those). Each book ends the storyline but continues another type of story where it left off, never leaving you hanging but enjoying the stories as they unfold. I can see this series being that same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment